This is a glamorous and fashionable world. It always had been. Even in the 1890s when the new trend of straightening and flattening hair was introduced. Within a few years, it became the most popular and talk of the town.
Who initiated it and why did they do so however remained the question. Well, it is told that black men and women were the ones who are held responsible for bringing its use. These people had extremely thick and curly hair which is why they needed straightening tools. They didn’t have any best hair straightener at that time and relied on the Japanese way of straightening hair, iron combs, and hair iron.
As time passed straightening techniques evolved and many other ways came into existence. Now that the people were more intrigued by going to salons and spending a huge amount of money on getting smoothened hair, there was a raise in the production of hair straighteners.
In this regard, companies started to manufacture best hair straightener tools that could suffice the need of wavy, coarse, rough, and curly hair. If you are one of them who had been looking for a perfect and elongated review on top best flat iron, then the wait is over.
Who says this world is not for those who have frizzy hair or let’s say are not filled with money all the time? Actually, this world and era has the solution for everything. Yes, every single thing. Likewise, when it comes to treating hair from roughness to straightness, there are products which can help you in doing so. However, it may be daunting and less attractive to find the right product or apparatus to straighten your hair out.
Sellers often mislead and misguide people, the purchasers. They literally go beyond ethical values to get to the crux – get a resource or tool that could be helpful. So, our main purpose to write this article is to save you from those knackered products, bring awareness of best products that could be used for any type of hair, and to let you know what’s in and out in the market.
Reviews of the Best Hair Straightener 2018
In this section, we are going to discuss top products which are hot in the market. You will also get to know about their pros, cons, features, consumers’ reviews, ratings, and prices. Let’s begin the quest and see the appropriate product for your hair.
- 1 - BIO IONIC Onepass Straightening Iron
- • Multi-Level Heat Control
- • Ergonomic Design
- • Cushion Plates with Bioceramic Heaters
- • Tri Strip Technology
- 2 - VOLOOM Classic Volumizing Hair Iron
- • Auto Shut-Off
- • Temperature Display and and Control Features
- • Locking Mechanism
- • Ceramic Plates
- 3 - Cloud Nine Original Hair Straightener
- • Ideal for Medium to Long Hair
- • One-touch Temperature Control
- • Customizable Setting
- • 360° Swivel Cord
- 4 - Babyliss PRO Nano Straightening Iron
- • Extremely Easy To Use
- • Variety of Sizes
- • Ultra-thin Straightening Irons
- • Max temp 500 ℉
1: BIO IONIC Onepass Straightener – Economical and Time Saver!
Advantages of Bio Ionic Onepass Straightener:
Here are other features which set Bio Ionic Onepass Straightener distinct from other products:
- First of all, when it comes to grip and design, the product is quite simple and compact. You can hold it without the fear of slippery connections. Also, it has the best material on the design – silicon. Why it is preferred and known for its own kind? Well, it is because, the material is smooth and can capture hair smoothly without any chance of burning.
- Secondly, the heating time of this product is impressive and a complete new way to make you happy. It cuts on time as in you don’t have to invest extra time by waking up early or setting it up and wait for ages to get started with straightening. In the end, this product is more like a bliss and a bounty for those who have thick or rough hair.
- Size matters in order to bring ease and comfort in the process of straightening. Having said so, let us tell you that there are two sizes of this product. One is for shorter length and other for longer. If you have long hair then opting for one and a half inch flat slate would be the appropriate selection.
- Heat is the actual essence of any good straightener or flat iron. Bio Ionic Onepass can go up to four hundred degrees without waiting for too long.
- You will be surprised to know that this beauty is considered the best professional flat iron for thick hair. However, the reason might put you in a state of doubt; whether it is rightly said or not. There are two main features of Bio Ionic Onepass – the material is covered with minerals and it has infrared mechanism.
- There are ions which set back negative ones to eliminate frizzle and crimps on the hair. Instead, each stroke on the hair brings shine, lusters, and smoothness. So, in a way this beauty is the best when it comes to combatting frizzy, curly, thick, and most difficult hair types.
Disadvantages of Bio Ionic Oneness best flat iron for thick hair:
- Bio Ionic Oneness doesn’t come with warranty.
- It has vibrating plates and the product doesn’t seem to function same when vibration is off. This is a genuine put off.
2: VOLOOM Volumizing Hair Straightening iron– Best for Brimful Hair
Here are other features or advantages which set VOLOOM Volumizing Hair Straightener away from other straighteners:
- Another quality or advantage of this product lies on the fact that it has those checked board patterns that can act definitely function like a crimp and wave. This product definitely has nothing like a crimper or giving those weird dirty patterns on the hair but yeah, it can be utilized as one.
- Agitation stops when you come up with new hair styles and hair patterns, right? What else do you want when hairstylist becomes the last resort to get patterns on hair? Nothing! Because there isn’t anything else to do about it. Well, but not after getting familiar with VOLOOM volumizing hair straightener. If you hold it on one place for a second or let’s say two to three, it makes a square impression.
- Ionic and ironic plates had been the perks of this product. Likewise, it is just not the impression on hair of all kind but also some neat job has been done in this regard – the plate itself is way par the need. It is a quality straightener and professionals use it to reincarnate textures.
- Surprisingly, this straightener can be used in order to dry nail enamel too. Funny, but good enough to start preparing for a party or get together.
There aren’t as many disadvantages as you may think. Even then, we have a few, explained below:
- VOLOOM is one of those products on which you have to practice first. Without experiencing it daily or till getting the required results, you might not feel comfortable. It will definitely leave you awestruck. Unsatisfactory outcomes will make you sad so it is better to try it out in advance before going to the special occasion.
- Time is consumed.
- Doesn’t have a temperature guide and you can burn hair easily.
3: Cloud Nine Original – Best Flat Iron for All Types of Hair
Definitely, there are many advantages of Cloud Nine Original. Some of them are mentioned below:
- It has temperature controlling panel like option. All you need to do is to touch the screen to increase or decrease heat. Also, it is not like any ordinary heating system, instead, it has several points where you can adjust the temperature.
- Cords are matched according to your expectations. It means that there is no effort to be put in straightening backside of your hair. Also, in addition to it, the real deal of Cloud Nine Original is to get seamless hair in the end.
- When it comes to the material of the plates, it is a must to mention that these are made up of ceramic. These plates doesn’t leave hair in bad condition majorly because, there are not one but two of them.
- Other than straightening, curling, and flocking are two traits you can achieve from this straightener.
- This product doesn’t take much time and heats in less than twenty seconds. You don’t have to wait for the product to heat up.
- Cloud Nine Original has gotten awards for being the best straightener in 2015 as well as in 2016.
- Cloud Nine Original is not meant for those who have hair above nape.
- It is also a product that is not good or worth for noobs. Instead, only professionals are to do justice with it.
4: BaByliss PRO Nano – Best Hair Iron for Short Hair
Advantages of BaByliss Pro Nano:
Here are some of the main advantages of BaByliss Pro Nano that are profusely meant to give the best result:
- Heat and temperature can be adjusted according to the length of hair.
- Time is saved up when you use this product, you don’t have to wait for too long while straightening your hair.
- BaByliss Pro Nano has the ability to bear high temperature which can go up to 450 degrees.
- It is not just light but the lightest in weight among all the straighteners in the market.
- Best feature or advantage of BaByliss Pro Nano is restricted to the material which is used in the making of this product – titanium.
- Since it is small in size and is quite handy too, it has the right exposure for traveling purposes.
- It is not meant for long or thick hair.
- Size is too small to use it professionally on medium hair.
- It takes time in heating and has a destabilized heating period.
5: LumaBella Keratin Dual Touch Hair Straightener – Best for Natural Hair
Following are some of the known and most acknowledged advantages of LumaBella Duel Touch Keratin straightener:
- LumaBella Duel Touch is one of those straighteners which work best under massive heat; heat that is produced after applying keratin. What does it mean? Well, it clearly means that when keratin serum is applied on hair and then straightener is used on it, hair does not burn or damage. Instead, they become smooth, shiny, and even lustrous.
- Since the plate is not too hot to work on, there is no chance of experiencing hot or sweaty palms.
- Also, this product comes with the option of temperature setting. It means that there is a way to increase or decrease temperature according to the need.
- This is as good for professional hairstylist as a pro tool to iron or straighten hair. In addition to it, it is also best iron for fine and natural hair.
- Novice or rookies can play around it safely as in they can use it without facing any problem.
- It is light on weight but does an amazing job.
- One of the best advantages or features is about auto-correcting or reducing the temperature. There is a sensor which helps in keeping heat adequate and not too much to burn your hair or catch electric circuit.
There is not a single disadvantage of this product. Not any that we found out while experimenting it.
Best Flat Iron 2018 – Buyer’s Guide:
Going to the market and being bombarded with thousands and millions of types of straightening tools, you might feel confused and overwhelmed. Knowing almost nothing about them and having to pick one of the best hair straightener or the best flat iron tool could be one challenging task to accomplish. On the contrary, if you are well aware of the features to look for and spend on something really good, can actually make your day.
Before you go to the market make sure that you read this section as it provides the basic information. First and foremost, these straighteners are the right source of bringing heat onto the plate which is either made up of ceramics or steel. However, heating timings are dependent on the company and parts used in the manufacturing of that specific best hair straightener.
Which Type of Hair Straightener is best for Your Hair?
Three types of materials that are widely used in the best flat iron for curly hair. Titanium, Ceramic, or Tourmaline. Each kind is different from the other as they have an entirely diverse combination of features.
- For instance, when we discuss about titanium, you must know the following facts:
- They have the tendency to give instant and speedy results.
- Titanium hair straighteners work well on all types and lengths of hair.
- It serves as a high-end product and is considered as the heavy duty flat iron tools.
- Besides that, hair straighteners with titanium material are probably the finest and best quality for thick and curliest locks.
Here are some truths about hair straighteners with ceramic material:
- It is equally good for the professional as well as the home use.
- Ceramic material heats up real quick and distributes in all the areas of the slate.
Last but not the least, we have some fun realities about tourmaline hair straighteners too. They are:
- As compared to ceramic and titanium, it is relatively a newer substance. Unlike them, this material has more harmful ions.
- These straighteners flatten out hair without frizz.
Recommendations before Buying Best Hair Straightener:
Size matters and that is something which we cannot deny. However, there are certain pointers which you need to keep in mind before the purchase.
- First thing first, size of the plate must be such that it covers your hair. Not that half of them hangs outside. Please note that 1 inch to 1.5 or 2 inches plate is taken as the right choice. Also, note that it doesn’t only rely on the length of the hair but the way you want to style them too. For example, if you want them to curl with the help of straightener then it should have a broader plate. If not, then one to two inches would also be fine. It is important because of the obvious reason – to prevent hair from burning.
- Always buy a flat iron or hair straightener that has an option for temperature setting. It is vital to have the temperature setting because this way you can fix the right temperature, prevent hair texture, and its color.
- In case you are a frequent user of straightener then considering buying a high-end product will be the right choice. Investing in something that has longer warranty and best quality will give an edge to the use. Go for the professional straightener that has good reviews and more advantages than cons or disadvantages.
- If you are a morning person and prefer using straightening hair right after shower then wet to dry flat irons or hair straighteners are best. Through these straighteners you can definitely miss out on the blow dry and go directly to straightening hair.
To cut it short, five products which are mentioned in this article are the must try. We would definitely love to guide you more on that but for now keep few things in mind. First of all, it is always about the size; smaller one with one plate are particularly for shorter and fine hair. However, bigger ones or the medium ones are for medium or long hairs. Secondly, you must know that all these tools are the best ones because of reasons. So, yes! Better take them into account before buying and having great days with them.